Saturday, May 30, 2009

Zurich, part 2...sweet dreams...




We started the day with a fantastic breakfast buffet at the hotel. Although we could barely move after all we had eaten, we walked to the Zurich lake as it was a beautiful sunny day. There we took a long break on a peer and enjoyed the first beer of the day with our feet in the water watching the ducks and the swans! That’s life! After that, our plan was to go to a mountain where there is a sun terrace overseeing the city but as we walked towards the railway station to catch a train, we got really lazy and decided to go back to ‘our’ beer garden next to the hotel and to just chill. After a while we went back to the hotel to take a long nap. Once we woke up again, Martina decided to stay at the hotel and take it easy and we went out for dinner. As we walked in the streets to find a nice restaurant, we passed by a cocktail lounge where we started of with an aperitif and just opposite the bar, we found a cute little French restaurant where we had a light dinner and some French wine...Back at the hotel, I watched ‘Australia’ until 4 am before I nicely fell asleep. This was the first night without having any hallucinations about sleeping German shepherds in my room: in my caravan, I wake up in the middle of every single night because I hear some noise like sniffling and walking dogs outside. So I sit up in my bed and try to identify the noise. As I get back to sleep again, I am convinced that German shepherds are sleeping on the floor of the caravan and even on my bed and I can clearly see them. I even once explained to myself that they had certainly jumped through the kitchen window which of course is complete nonsense! As I switched on the light the other night, I saw that there were no German shepherds on the floor but just plastic bags. As I am writing this, I heard the noise again and finally solved the big mystery causing me sleepless nights: The wolves who are staying just a few meters away from my caravan, make these noises when they play together...so it was them who I saw in my dreams sleeping in my caravan, not the German shepherds...

1 comment: