Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Aratanka day 2...




Today we did a lot of exercises to teach the dog how to sit quietly even when the owner goes away, another dog crosses or there is a lot of noise. Liwa did a great job and would sit quietly except when Hans would pass by and make a lot of scary noises with a bottle full of stones. Then all the dogs would be confronted with Pipo the fox and would have to sit quietly while the fox would sniffle all over them (except Liwa as she was terrified of getting close to the fox!).




As for my early morning training with Angelo, I could see that we both made some progress. He wouldn't bite the leash and my fingers anymore, would follow me without a leash and I could even play with him while throwing a piece of a hose away and having him bring it back, have him spit it out and sit again quietly next to me. We are slowly but surely making friends...






2 comments:

  1. All I see in this picture is a very shy and nervous circus dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liwa is so cuuuuuuuuute in the picture. So well behaved, good little doggie :)

    ReplyDelete