Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fitness First...




As I am slowly getting used to this new rhythm of life, I thought about how to start doing some regular work out with my brand new mountain bike which I hadn’t used once yet. Since I live on top of a hill, I decided to get up at 5 am instead of 6 am to drive all the way down hill to the village and buy some freshly baked croissants (I needed some kind of motivation). Well, I thought that this was a good idea until I started to climb up the mountain again...once back on the ‘Laubberg’, I was completely exhausted. On top of all, I was running out of time and I had 5 minutes to take a shower before our 2 hour training session with our ‘mustangs’ started. Then Hans tied me up to a 10 meter leash together with my dog and I had to start running in 20 m wide circles. Hans kept on screaming: run, run faster, run...and it would go on and on for a long time...After 2 hours I could finally have a quick bite of my croissant (which cost me a lot of energy) and the 9 am seminar started. We spent the whole day outdoors, and the seminar ended at about 5 pm when we once again, we had to take out the mustangs...in between, we also cleaned the kennels at lunch time (since we ran out of time in the morning because of so much running) and I walked Paulo & Liwa. Well, this was quite of a work-out and I am not quite sure about going on a biking adventure again tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonja!
    We miss you here. Sounds like everyday is an all day workout! Puts to shame our exercise classes ;)
    I think you deserved those croissants!

    kisses

    nayla

    ReplyDelete