Thursday, May 28, 2009

Biking day...


Today we had a nother good day! First thing in the morning, we decided to take our mustangs to the village again to get them used to it. Then Andrea, who works as a trainer at Hans's school, joined us for some theory lessons as a prepartion for our first exam that will take place sometime in June. We also worked again with our mustangs to have them sit quietly while we go away. We had to take very small steps as initially, it was not easy for them to understand that they couldn't come with us. At lunch time, Hans put a belt with a leash around me and said that we would now take the mustangs for a bicycle ride. At first, I was a bit worried as I thought that I could easily fall off the bike if the dog does a wrong movement. I equipped myself with 2 jackets and a helmet, especially since we had to go all the way downhill first. It went much better than expected and I am still alive! Martina came with us by car so we could drive back and wouldn't have to climb up the mountain again. Once we were back, we continued with our theory lessons with Andrea and then I took Paulo and Liwa for another bicycle tour (but without a leash). They both love it and Liwa really doesn't get tired at all and it's amazing how she can run with her little legs (it's not the same with long-legged Paulito who has to make a huge effort to keep up...). We stopped to watch the cows which was a big event not only for the dogs but also for the cows who were very curious. Finally, Martina and I went down to the village to have dinner. The restaurant had only once choice (pork with salad) but the good cider they served made up for it!
We bought a few more bottles and will now enjoy them outside the caravan...

1 comment: