Saturday, August 1, 2009

Angelo the super dog...




Well, it has been quite some time since I wrote last and many things happened. I have been working a lot with Angelo since he is back and we finally came to a big break through. He achieved such a high level of training that we can now take any further step without much effort but with a lot of fun. He just loves to work. Sometimes when we come back from a walk, he just runs up to the training field himself and his eyes are bascially telling me: come on Sonja, don't be lazy and let's do some work! So I open the gate and as he remembers the exact order of the previous training, he takes the starting position himself and starts working the excercise without me doing anything. An example: for the past week we worked every day on him taking very quickly and precisely 3 different positions when I give the command: sit, down and standing up. So he would just walk in the middle of the field, go down by himself and wait for me to come closer. As soon as I would come into his direction he would start switching positions without me giving him any commands...Once this excerise is finished, he would then jump on the table and go down to wait for further steps just the way I would have him do it after each exercise...Well, we have now found a new owner for him. She originally is from Cologne but now lives in some sort of castle in Switzerland. Heidi will come regularly during the next month so I can show her how to deal with Angelo and at the same time Hans and I will start the police dog training with Angelo. Heidi has recently been attacked at night outside her home and now wants a dog who can protect her in such situations. Well, I can hardly imagine a better dog than Angelo...She is really lucky and I hope that this time it will also work out for Angelo...It will be very hard for me to let go of him once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment