Saturday, August 1, 2009

My new 'gold bear'...




Now that Angelo is leaving soon, I got a new dog who will be here for the next 3 weeks for me to train. He is a young Golden Retriever imported from the States and as I first didn't know how to pronounce his real name, Huey, I called him 'Goldie' thanks to my creative mind...He is very friendly, even too friendly as he wants to greet everything and everybody who comes his way which is the owners main problem. Also he doesn't follow the most basic commands like sit and down. After looking at him, Hans said that he went through a fast track and rather tough and forceful training, probably in the States, using a so called choke chain. Therefore, he doesn't really enjoy to work and is quite stubborn. Within one day he would stick to me like glue when we would go on a walk (without a leash as only a free dog can learn) and he would nicely sit next to me when other dogs or people would pass by. As for sit and down, he is doing better every day and is becoming much less stubborn. Now that he follows the commands, I started to condition them with food in order for 'Goldie' to enjoy the work and to be faster...And yes, he definetely can't wait to work now...

No comments:

Post a Comment