Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The action plan...







After my initial ‘cultural shock’, I kept on feeling a bit weird over the next few weeks, not being sure if I was happy or just sad to be back...However, I focused on getting myself organized and follow through with my action plan. I had actually written a list when I was still on the Laubberg about what to do once I was back since I knew that my return would not be easy. I wanted to make sure that I would stick to a certain structure and not just drift away as it tends to happen over here: getting up early every day, working out intensively, eating healthily, organize my home and working space so I would feel comfortable, set up my dog training business, keep up the training with my dogs...

Well, this action plan was initiated much faster than I had expected...The very first day of my return (before we left to the F1 moon event), Suhail wakes me up after only 4 hours of sleep saying that my first client was desperately waiting for me! So I got up and went to my first lesson. And this first lesson, I must say, was key to my mental survival. This first lesson resulted into daily training sessions for the next 3 months. Not only that this was giving me my first business but also I was fortunate enough to be able to train a fantastic dog-man team: Nadia&Cobe. Cobe was a 4-months old Golden Retriever puppy and his owner Nadia is one of Suhail’s best friends. This was the first time I could practice all I had learned over the past 6 months in Switzerland on my own in the desert. And it worked. This experience gave me the confidence that I needed and initiated my new life as a dog trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment