Sunday, April 5, 2009

The first task...


When I asked Hans what kind of training I could do with my dogs before I come to Switzerland, he said that I should simply teach them to sit quietly. Sounds pretty easy. Though both dogs already knew the command 'sit', I started to intensify this and had them sit down before I would put the leash on, enter the house, leave the car etc. The funny thing here is that Paulo, my 2 1/2 year old Saluki/Golden Retriever mix (abbrev. as Goldsuk :-)), who usually would follow this command promplty, would start to ignore it after a while and pretend that he had never heard this command before...on the other side, Liwa, my one year old JRT, who had always ignored this command unless I would offer her a giant steak as a bribe, started to sit immediately when I would ask her to very soon. First she was doing it reluctantly, whining, but then overcame her stubberness accepting that this was the only way to get out of the house for a walk...On the other hand, Paulo, who, as most people who know him believe, has a human soul, was probably feeling that this was just ridiculous and would ignore me completely the more I would try...Well, now he is back to normal and sits down most of the time but he remains a very proud dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment